- CREATE INDEX operations when run in parallel (that is, including the with consumers clause), break the transaction log sequence
- A full database dump is required before the transaction log can be dumped, after a parallel CREATE INDEX operation
- Building indexes in serial does not break the transaction log sequence - however it is a very slow operation and not beneficial when large indexes are involved
In order to maintain the ASE transaction log sequence while creating indexes in parallel, use the DEFER_RECOVERY option during index creation.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP130 and above
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
create index, recovery, parallel , transaction log , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.