The Profit Detail by Contribution Margin Scheme report or Profit Overview by Key Figure report doesn't display any data although there are financial postings relevant for selection parameters.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to Reports-List view.
- Select the report Profit Detail by Contribution Margin Scheme or Profit Overview by Key Figure.
- Enter the selection parameters and click on Go.
- You get an information message that: No report data available to display; check selection for the report 'Profit detail by contribution margin scheme'
The contribution margin scheme maintained in the Set of books specifies the structure of the Profit Detail by Contribution Margin Scheme report. SAP delivers templates for contribution margin schemes (structure type Income Statement by Function of Expense) as financial reporting structures for every template chart of accounts. You can copy a template and adapt it to your needs or create a contribution margin scheme from scratch. In the customized reporting structure,you have not maintained all the Fixed Structure Items.
Find the Reporting Structure setup as the Contribution margin scheme in the Set of Books.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation projects view.
- Select the fine tuning activity Settings for Earned Profit Analysis.
- Select the link Edit Financial Reporting Structure.
- Select the appropriate reporting structure and click on Edit
You need to assign all the fixed structure items in the Income Statement by Function of Expense reporting structure:
Operating Profit— displayed as Income From Operations
Gross Profit— displayed as Gross Profit on Sales
Net Revenue—displayed as Net Sales Revenues.
Gross Revenue— displayed as Sales Revenues.
Cost of Sales— displayed as Cost of Goods Sold.
Additionally assign the following fixed structure items to nodes of the contribution margin scheme:
Income Statement — add to the root node of the contribution margin scheme.
Income Statement Result— add to the node displaying the net income or net loss of the income statement.
Returns— add to the node displaying the sales returns.
Make sure that that data exists for the selection parameters in the report. In case you are still unable to see any data in the report, then report an incident to SAP.
Kindly refer to the attached screenshot and refer to the help document "Settings for Earned Profit Analysis – Configuration Guide".
KBA , profit detail report no data shown , profit overview , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To