The following symptoms are observed within promotion management:-
- Login to Central Management Console (CMC)-->Applications and try to view the property of promotion management to observe the below error:-
An error occurred "while trying to invoke the method java.lang.String.lastIndexOf(int) of a null object loaded from local variable 'relativePath'".
- Job Settings in CMC -> Promotion Management -> Settings -> Job Settings are not saved even after selection. It shows as selected but when selecting New Job and going back to the Job Settings the setting is unselected again. This leads to the following behaviour:
Completed Instances (successful, pending etc) are missing in Manage Dependencies when creating a new job.
- The Central Management Server (CMS) server logs show following traces:
xxx:1292:1181.4251:1|BIPSDK.InfoStore:query|xxxx:1292:1181.4251:9|cms_xxxx.CentralManagementServer.commitEx4|localhost:3648:2896.1217879:1|ClI1bVlszEpfkCQpp9qC1Ok1099|||||||||||assertfailure: (.\ObjectSubsystem.cpp:8087). (false : Could not find property [SI_FILE1]).�\ObjectSubsystem.cpp:8087:-: TraceLog message 3248
..cms_xxxx.CentralManagementServer.commitEx4|localhost:3648:2896.1217879:1|ClI1bVlszEpfkCQpp9qC1Ok1099|||||||||||assert failure: (.\ObjectSubsystem.cpp:8087). (false : Could not find property [SI_FILE2]).�
.failure: (.\ObjectSubsystem.cpp:8087). (false : Could not find property [SI_FILE3]).�
- Execute the following query across the CMS database using Query Builder:-
Select * from CI_Appobjects where si_cuid='Ad7w68IutB5BjpD7GO8DWC4'
The result shows that the properties SI_FILE1, SI_FILE2, SI_FILE3 are missing from property bag in the SI_FILES section.
- Login to Promotion Management-->Click on Settings-->Manage Systems-->Add a new system.
Close out and move out of Promotion Management and come back, no newly added systems can be seen
- Promotion job fail with the below error randomly:-
Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure :Object has failed to promote. Please see the log for more details
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2)
- Linux / Unix
java.lang.string.lastIndexOf(int) of a null object loaded from local variable 'relative path', BI 4.1 SP03 Patch3 , DFOCleanup, promotion management, SI_FILE1, SI_FILE2, manage systems, not available, , KBA , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.