A report key figure shows +/- signs but you need only positive results and therefore need to eliminate the - sign.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Open any report.
- Execute it.
- Check the key figure values.
The key figure shows both positive and negative results.
The behavior of some key figures is to show both positive and negative results depending on their context. Most financial key figures are credit and debits and therefore need to have a sign.
You can eliminate the negative results by creating a calculated key figure on top of the key figure that presents both positive and negative results. To do so, you can proceed as follows:
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and the view Design Key Figures.
- Click New.
- Input a name for your key figure and select Calculated Key Figure.
- In step 2, put in the following formula: ABS(Key Figure). Where Key Figure will stand for the Key Figure that has both positive and negative results. E.g: at Financial Statements, we can do this with Amount Company Currency and therefore the Formula will be ABS("Amount Company Currency").
- Add your new key figure to the report.
Once this is done, you will only see positive results in the report.
reporting, business analytics, key figure, positive, negative, ABS, remove sign , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To