- Database password reset.
- Keyword and Description for the report are erased.
- When attempting to view a report that has been updated in SAP BI LaunchPad, it fails due to incorrect login credentials.
- When updating a report in Crystal Reports designer, and saving it back to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, the database password, keywords, and description are reset to blank.
- How to avoid resetting the report database password, keywords and description after modifying a report in Crystal Reports and saving it back to the SAP BI Server?
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports designer, create a report based on any data source.
- Save the report to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository.
- Logon to the Central Magement Console (CMC), and set the user name and password for the report connection.
- When refreshing the report on SAP BI LaunchPad, the report can be viewed successfully.
- Open the report in Crystal Reports designer.
- Update the report as needed, like add a text object, or format a section, ...
- Save the report back to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository.
- When attempting to view the report in SAP BI LaunchPad, it fails, due to incorrect database password.
When looking at the report Database Configuration in the CMC, notice the database password has been reset.
How to avoid reseting the database password every time the report is modified?
- By default, when updating a report in Crystal Reports designer, and saving it back to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, it will reset the database password stored on the SAP BI Server for this specific report to blank, and update the report Keyword and Description.
- To avoid reseting the database password stored on the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, and to avoid updating the report Keywords or Description, uncheck the option: "Update Enterprise Report Properties on Save"
- Open Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Options"
- In the "Options" window, under the tab "Reporting", uncheck the option: "Update Enterprise Report Properties on Save"
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
CR, Save, password reset , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020