- A transaction may have been initiated, but not completed when a DUMP command is executed.
- A transaction may have been initiated and completed while a DUMP command is running.
- A transaction may have been initiated before DUMP execution and committed before DUMP completion.
- A transaction may be issued during a DUMP operation, but not committed before DUMP completion.
- It is necessary to understand at what point a transaction will be included in a given DUMP operation in order to correctly manage point-in-time recovery attempts.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) all versions
dumpfile, commit, transaction , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.