You execute a Production Lots - Overhead Absorption Run. In the Processed Successfully tab of the run - you can see the Overhead Amount for the processed production lot shows as zero.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Inventory Valuation work center, and choose the Periodic Tasks view.
- Select the Production Lots - Overhead Absorption subview.
- Select the run ABC that has just been performed, and choose View.
- Navigate to the Processed Successfully tab.
- You can see the Overhead Amount for production lot XYZ is listed as zero.
ABC means the Absorption Run ID.
XYZ means the Production Lot ID.
You create overhead rules to specify how overhead is absorbed by production lots. If the required G/L account is not mapped in the calculation base then there is no relevant data for the Production Lots - Overhead Absorption Run to process hence you see overhead amount as zero.
Ways to find if all the General Ledgers Accounts required are mapped:
You can consult the Production Lots - Line Items report for the production lot in question. You observe that G/L Accounts (Origin) DEFand GHIare listed here but not under Calculation Base in the corresponding Overhead Rule.
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center, and choose the Allocations view.
- Select Overhead Rules and click Overhead Rule ID PQR and EDIT.
Now add the required G/L accounts, Account Determination Group and combinations and run the Production Lots - Overhead Absorption Run again.
DEF means a G/L Account (Origin) ID.
GHI means a G/L Account (Origin) ID.
PQR means an Overhead Rule ID.
Overhead Absorption; Production lot; overhead rule; overhead rate; G/L account (origin); calculation base , KBA , overhead absorption , production lot , overhead rule , g/l account (origin) , overhead rate , calculation base , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To