- The adaptive processing server (APS ) is "running with errors" after startup
- Promotion management services on this APS show the following message "The service did not start"
- Other services besides PM services start up properly. The behavior is illustrated in below images
- Issue started after upgrading from BIP/IPS 4.0 SP4 patch 5 to BI 4.1 SP02. After the upgrade the APS is showing running but with errors state.
- Recreating the APS process with PM and other services does not resolve the issue, as PM services still do not start.
- The issue is also not resolved by recreating the SIA or creating a new SIA on the same CMS database
- Patch upgrade or repair does not fix the issue either.
- According to SAP Note 1740516 , BI 4.1 SP2/SP3 are both compatible with DS 4.2 SP1 installed.
- SAP BusinessObjects Information Platform Services 4.x (IPS 4.0 / 4.1)
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1)
4.0 4.1 LCM link dfo corrupt cleanup Promotion Management service clearcase DFO LCMServiceOCCA2 LCMClearCaseServiceOCCA2 , KBA , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , BI-BIP-SRV , CMS / Auditing issues (excl. 3rd Party Authentication) , BI-BIP-LCM , Lifecycle Management Console - Promotion mgmt, Version mgmt , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.