When you try to delete the Dunning Letter template, system throws below error message:
Template variant cannot be deleted; it has been used to output a document
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to Form Template Maintenance view.
- Search for the Dunning Letter group .
- Select the Dunning Letter template and select Delete button
The reason that you are not able to delete the template is that this template was already used in the Output of Dunning Letters. This can be verified as follows,
1. Go to Application and User Management work center
2. Select Form template selection.
3. Search for Dunning letter
4. Here the template is used for Dunning Level X
1. Go to Receivables work center
2. Select Dunning view
3. Select All Dunning
4. Preview a Dunning which has Highest Dunning Level as X.
5. Here the Dunning Letter X is being used for output.
Hence, it is not possible to delete the Template once it is used in output document.
Note: This behavior is same for all the Form Templates.
KBA , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , How To