You are attempting to create a new Outgoing Cash Payment for Petty Cash to make a payment to an employee. When you click on Assign on Account Payment and complete the details, system shows an error message saying Account not found for company XXX and customer/supplier YYY.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Payment Management Work Center.
- Go to the Petty Cash View
- Select an active Petty Cash fund containing sufficient cash for the payment.
- Click on New > Outgoing Cash Payment - Reference to Items.
- Choose an employee for Payee.
- Click on Assign on Account Payment button.
- Add the Customer/Supplier ID as the same value as the Payee.
- Fill out the Account Type and Payment Amount.
- Select Debit or Credit.
- Click on OK button.
System shows an error message saying Account not found for company XXX and customer/supplier YYY.
There is no account determination group assigned to the employee.
The pre-delivered account determination group 4050 is applied for employees.
This account determination group 4050 gets assigned to an employee automatically after the first expense report is created for this employee.
So you need to access Travel and Expenses workcenter and go to Common Tasks > New Expense Report on Behalf and create an expense report with the minimum value for this employee.
After performing this procedure, you will be able to create the Outgoing Cash Payment for Petty Cash.
KBA , account not found for company , error creating an outgoing cash payment , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To