When you try to migrate the Open Sales Order, system throws below error message:
ID not permitted for process type Command client; it is an external number
Document not available for data migration
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and open the migration activity Migration of Open Sales Orders
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File
The cause for the issue is that current Implementation project might be already Live and hence, any changes to scoping, certain Migration activities should be performed only through a Change Project.
In this case, you can perform the migration of Open Sales Orders only using a new Change Project.
The steps are as follows,
1. Create a New Change Project.
2. Include the activity Migration of Open Sales Orders into it.
3. Close the Activity.
4. Perform the merge of the Change Project. Now, the activity Migration of Open Sales Orders will be reopened automatically.
5. Perform the Migration.
6. Close the activity.
7. Close the change project.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To