You have posted an incoming check payment resulting in a journal entry of type Cash Receipt,. Due to a payment difference the system posted the balance amount to a general ledger account of the type DIFFER. However, you wanted that balance to be posted as bank fees. Now you are trying to post a new Journal Entry Voucher and you get an error upon selecting the g/l account of type DIFFER and entering a project task:
Account Assignment To Direct Cost Projects Only Allowed For Account Types Costs/Expenses or Revenues/Gains.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries view.
- Go to Journal Entry Vouchers sub view.
- Create a new Journal Entry Voucher.
- Add a row, specify the G/L Account, and make the debit assignment to Bank Fee G/L account and credit the Additional differences G/L account which is of the type DIFFER with Project task assignment.
The Manual Journal Entry Voucher does not allow you direct posting of account type DIFFER with the project task (Direct Cost Projects).
If you use the direct cost projects then the g/l account type should be Costs/Expenses or Revenues/Gains only. If you want postings to be changed to Bank Fee account from Additional Differences account you can still do that but without assignment to project task since you do want to cancel the deposits or other transactions.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To