- Page Footer truncated.
- Information at the end of the page is cut off.
- When viewing a report in Crystal Reports that contains multiple conditionally suppressed Page Footers, the Page Footer is truncated if the option "Reserve Minimum Page Footer" is checked.
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Create at least 2 Page Footers of different size.
- Insert objects in each of the Page Footers that fit the height of the Page Footer.
- Conditionally suppress the first Page Footer, with a conditional formula like: pagenumber = 1
- Check the Page Footer format option "Reserve Minimum Page Footer".
- When previewing the report, notice the Page Footer is truncated.
- When a page is generates in Crystal Reports, it first reserves spaces for the Page Header and Page Footer sections, regardless there is conditional suppression or not, then print the rest of the sections. ( Group Header sections, Details section, Group Footers,... )
- When there is multiple Page Footers with conditional suppression, it will have to reserve the space for all the Page Footers. To minimize the blank space this may cause if many of the Page Footer sections are suppressed, the option "Reserve Minimum Page Footer" will only reserve the space for the largest Page Footer section. This option needs to be use with care, because if the combine height of all the Page Footers that will print on a page is greater than the largest Page Footer section, it will truncate the Page Footer section. And this is normal behavior.
- To avoid the possibility of truncating the Page Footer section when using the Page Footer formatting option "Reserve Minimum Page Footer", ensure the combined length of all the Page Footer section that will print on any given page, based on the conditional suppression created, will never exceed the largest Page Footer section; or
- If the Page Footer formatting option: "Reserve Minimum Page Footer", is not necessary for the report, then uncheck the option. To do so:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "Report", select "Section Expert..."
- In the "Section Expert" window, select the Page Footer section.
- On the right side, under the "Common" tab, uncheck the option: "Reserve Minimum Page Footer", and click "OK"
CR, page cut off, truncated, section missing , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016
|Reserve Minimum Page Footer - Sample Report.rpt|