When creating a new fixed asset an error message appears: Owner party ID XYZ not valid.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Fixed Assets Workcenter navigate to the Fixed Assets view
- Choose New - Fixed Asset.
- Enter all the required details.
- After pressing Save the error message appears: Owner party id XYZ not valid; it is not active.
The owners ID refers to the business partner organization number. The status of the business partner is locked.
- Go to the Business Partner Data workcenter
- In the Business Partner view.
- Select Business Partner ABC and the status is Blocked.
- Click on the Change status button and choose Active.
- After this it will be possible to create a the New fixed for the business partner/ company.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To