- When opening a LUMS file created in Lumira Desktop 1.15 off of a database connection in Lumira Desktop 1.17, you get the error
"IO exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection"
- Lumira Desktop 1.15
- Lumira Desktop 1.17
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Lumira document in Lumira Desktop 1.15 off of a direct database connection (like Oracle)
- Save it to a LUMS file
- Open the LUMS file in Lumira Desktop 1.17
This error occurs because Lumira Desktop 1.15 does not populate the XML in the LUMS file properly.
To resolve this issue, do the following:
- Make a backup copy of your LUMS file
- Rename your LUMS file to a zip file
- Open it in your preferred Zip file utility
- Find the file "document.xml"
- Extract it and open it for editing
- Find the property
<hi:property name="source_server" datatype="string"></hi:property>
- Edit it to contain your database server
<hi:property name="source_server" datatype="string">MyDatabaseServer</hi:property>
- Save the file and add it back to the LUMS file
- Open the modified LUMS file in Lumira Desktop 1.17
Modifying a LUMS file directly is not officially supported. Please ensure you have made a backup copy before editing it.
LUMS Lumira Story Storyboard Update Upgrade Patch migrate IO LUM Freehand , KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem