You are importing projects via Migration Tool and faced error 'PAF Inbound Processing: System Failure' during Simulate step of the migration.
- SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Show: All Configuration Elements and find the activity: Migration of Projects.
- Upload the populated migration file.
- Select the Execute Migration button and select the Execute Migration Step by Step option from the dropdown.
- Continue until the Simulation Phase.
The main root cause for the error message is with the field Finish Date in the main sheet, where currently 31.12.9999 is entered.
Another possible cause is having inconsistencies in Task Details tab of the migration file, where Right Neighbor Task IDs are filled in a contradictory way.
Use a more current date as Finish Date (technically: 30.12.9998 at the highest), to avoid any issues with the calendar calculations in the year 9999.
As for Task Details tab, fill Right Neighbor Task IDs with a hierarchy logic. “Right neighbor” means that this task will go after the task in the task hierarchy (not subordinate but on the same level).
migration of projects; PAF Inbound Processing: System Failure; error; , KBA , projects , paf inbound processing , migration , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To