You are trying to post a bank statement, however the system is not able to determine the proper G/L Account.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go To Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Bank Statements view.
- Either create a new bank statement or open an existing one.
- Fill out the required information and press Post.
The error message 'Account determination is missing for cash. Define the account for chart of accounts <Chart of Accounts>, tab <subledger tab> field <tab column>. Enter a general ledger account for the account determination group <account determination group> and currency'.
You are missing a balance sheet account for the account determination of cash disbursements or cash receipts related to the payment method concerned in the bank statement transactions.
On the bank statement there is an item, which states that either money was received or money was sent from the bank account. These are the cash receipts or the cash disbursements. Once a bank statement is posted, posting occurs so that the balance sheet account for cash disbursements or cash receipts serves as an offsetting to a bank balance account. The debit/credit side collects all types of cash disbursements/receipts that were either issued from or received to any bank balance account. Therefore, a proper account determination has to be done as per underneath steps.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Open activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Under Account Determination section, open the Cash sub-ledger.
- Refer to the error message and check whether the error concern the cash receipt or the cash disbursement tab.
- Analyze the transactions on your bank statement and compare with the setup in the cash account determination. The G/L accounts are determined depending upon the Account Determination Group, Payment Method and Currency.
- Maintain the G/L Account for the missing payment method.
Note:If the payment method in the bank statement is Other Outgoing Payment, for Cash Disbursements, or Other Incoming Payment, for Cash Receipts, in this case, the exact payment method is not available in the bank statement.however it is known that the money is received or sent. Considering this, you still have to post the transaction to accounting and hence it is necessary to maintain an account determination entry without a payment method, so that the posting to the G/L Accounts can happen.
Account determination is missing for cash; post bank statement , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To