You are trying the approve an under/over payment task for a partially cleared invoice, however the system does not agree with the proposed posting date for the clearing.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Managing My Area work center.
- Go to Approvals view.
- Find the task Approve Clearing of Under-/Overpayment by Customer - <Clearing ID> - <Customer name> - <Amount and Currency>.
- Click Approve.
The following error message is raised: Posting date <clearing date to be approved> not permitted. The item to be cleared already has postings assigned to it with posting date <existing clearing date>. Enter a posting date equal to or after <existing clearing date>.
This approval task is triggered when clearing item with discounts/credits is submitted for clearing of receivables by the receivables accountant. The discount/credit must be approved before this clearing item can be cleared. Tasks of this type are decision tasks, which can be approved, sent back for revision, or rejected.
Along with this approval task, the error message is raised. Reason being that a user tried to clear the remaining balance of a partially cleared document, however this second created clearing, which is under approval, has a posting date before the posting date of the previous clearing that cleared the first part of the amount. Therefore, the approval of the clearing is not possible, since there are posting for these invoices for a later date.
In order to approve the clearing, you have to enter a posting date equal or after the posting date of existing clearing.
- Go to Receivables work center.
- Go to Customer Accounts view.
- View the concerned account.
- Select the related invoice document and click Multiple IDs, in the Clearing ID column.
- The Clearing Information screen will be open. This screen displays a list of all clearings related to the document you selected. You will see that the Clearing Date of the Completed clearing is after the date set for the current In Approval document.
- Click the clearing ID, which is In Approval and to which the error during approval was raised.
- Enter a posting date equal or after the posting date of the Completed clearing.
Note that in order to change the posting date, you have to either send the task back for revision or withdraw the clearing from approval.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To