You have created a financial reporting structure with more than 10 hierarchy levels.
But when viewing the report in Microsoft Excel from the Planning view the report displays data only up until hierarchy level 10.
Your financial reporting structure has 10 structure items in hierarchical order, meaning 10 hierarchy levels.
You assigned accounts to each level.
This means that the accounts assigned to the 10th structure item are located in the 11th hierarchy level.
When you now view the report in Excel from the Planning view the assigned accounts are not displayed.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Cost and Revenue work center navigate to the Planning View.
- Select the plan that you would like to edit, e.g. the income statement report.
- Click on the Excel icon in the Income Statement column to open the report.
- Logon with your user credentials.
- Now you notice that the report does not display any data after hierarchy level 10.
The expansion level in Microsoft Excel is set to 10. Therefore you can't see any data after hierarchy level 10.
You can delete the expansion level as follows:
- Make sure that the SAP Business ByDesign - View is visible on the right side of the Excel report
- If you don't see it navigate to the SAP Business ByDesign tab on the top. Then go to Show/Hide and there select View.
- On the very bottom of this view you see the command Retrieve Hierarchies Up to Expansion Level and a drop down menu which is set to 9 or 10.
- In this drop down menu select the blank field.
This way you delete - or better set the expansion level to 98 - and the report now displays data after hierarchy level 10.
financial reports, characteristics, hierarchy, level, Planning , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To