You are trying to access the Planning area on the Cost and Revenue work center, however the system informs you that planning is not supported on a system with HANA database.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to the Planning view.
- Click New -> Plan.
The following error message is raised: Planning on HANA is currently not supported
Alternatively, a system crash may occur in step 2.
For systems which were not already using Financial Planning in the other database (Max DB), there is a new Financial Planning available on HANA.
To be able to use the financial planning functionality, the financial planning integration business option must be selected in scoping.
To find this option, please go through the following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Go to the Questions phase.
- Expand Financial and Management Accounting -> Management Accounting and click Financial Planning. Note that Financial Planning has to be scoped in the previous phase.
- Flag the question: You allow third-party software to create financial planning data.
- Finish your changes.
- Select Set as Reviewed.
Note that once planning is switched on, it cannot be switched off.
financial planning; planning; budget planning; HANA; MaxDB; planning data; financial planning data; , KBA , financial planning , planning , budget planning , hana , maxdb , planning data , financial planning data , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To