When you try to reopen a fiscal year and edit it, the system gives an error: Revoking fiscal year XXXX forbidden: Allow opening closestep in next year.
Reproducing the Issue
- In the General Ledger workcenter navigate to the Master Data view and there open the Sets of Books and Assigned Companies subview.
- Find and mark the respective set of books and select Edit Fiscal Years.
- Mark the respective fiscal year XXXX and press Reopen Fiscal Year.
- You get an error message: Revoking fiscal year XXXX forbidden: Allow opening closestep in next year.
In the Open and Close periods tab, for the following fiscal year YYYY, the first allowed step for period 001 is not set to 001- Opening Balance.
- In the General Ledger workcenter go to the Master Data view and there to the Sets of Books and Assigned Companies subview.
- Select the respective set of books/ company combination and click on Open and Close periods.
- Navigate to period 001 of fiscal year YYYY.
- In order to reopen the previous fiscal year XXXX go period 001 of the following year YYYY.
- In the First Allowed Step column select 001-Opening Balance from the drop-down menu.
- Repeat this step for all set of books assigned to the company (- on the top of the table you can change the set of books in the Set of Books ID field)
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To