- A Crystal Reports .NET application to view reports intermittently crashes with below exception.
Error: Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 7.5.7601.17514, faulting module 4ce7a5f8, version ole32.dll, fault address 0x6.1.7601.17514.
- Visual Studio 2010
- SAP Crystal Reports developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio
- SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012
The application uses ADO.NET datasets to pass the data to the report.
The ConectionString in the code uses SQLOLEDB provider to connect to the database.
As per Microsoft, MDAC OLEDB provider is not fully supported with SQL Server.
- Use SQL Native client to connect to SQL Server.
- This applies to both, while connecting using datasets and when the report itself connect to SQL Server.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem