You want to delete a business partner role or to set it to obsolete. The complete business partner role can be set to obsolete, but it is not possible to only remove/delete the business partner role.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Partner Data work center
- Select the Business Partners view
- Show Active Business Partners and find the relevant business partner
Question: How can a Business Partner Role, e.g. Prospect, completely be removed?
In principle, a business partner is created whenever relevant master data is created in the system (e.g.: accounts, suppliers, employee and so on). The respective business partner will always holds one of the role which is assigned to her or him. Therefore, the role cannot be completely removed, but it can be changed or deactivated.
You can perform the following steps to change/deactivate the respective business partner role (e.g. Prospect):
1. Go to Business Partner Data work center
2. Go to Business Partners view
3. Search and highlight the business partner
4. Select the link Prospect under Business Partner Roles
5. The respective account opens
6. In General tab, uncheck the Prospect checkbox
7. Save the changes - the business partner role Prospect will change to Account
If you do not want to have the Account role for the respective business partner, then please block the account in Account Management work center.
able unable delete , KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To