- Crystal Reports .NET application throws "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when database logon fails.
- It is expected to see an error message relevant to database logon instead the APIs throw a generic error message.
- Crystal Reports 2008 / SAP Crystal Reports Developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.1
- Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
1. Develop a sample windows or a web application using below code.
ReportDocument rd = new ReportDocument();
2. Enter incorrect logon info in SetDatabaseLogon method.
3. Run the application and observe the error.
The issue has been identified as a bug.
- This issue was tracked with problem id ADAPT01728691.
- The issue is fixed in BOE 3.1 SP6 Patch 5 / SP7 Patch 2.
- The issue is fixed in BI 4.1 SP5
KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Bug Filed