- A database was defined with mixed log and data segments.
- Mixing data and log segment on same database device has the following limitations and is not recommended for production database usage:
- Can't backup transaction only.
- Can't calculate free space clearly.
- Can't fully recover database from a data segment failure.
- Segment will fill up more quickly when large transactions occur.
- How to separate data and log segments?
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
CR730371, CR#730371, 730371, dbrepair, remap, findstranded, stranded, allocdump, sp_dropsegment, sysusages, segmap , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.