- While viewing a Crystal report from a .NET application the Server Name and Database fields in login prompt of the viewer are grayed out.
- The viewer Database Login prompt does not allow to enter / change the Server Name and Database at runtime.
- Crystal Reports 2008 / SAP Crystal Reports developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Visual Studio 2008 / Visual Studio 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- Develop a sample windows or a web application to view a Crystal report which connects to the database.
- Do not pass the database logon information through code, let the report prompt for DB info.
- Run the application.
This behavior is by design.
- Crystal Report viewer does not allow the Server or Database name to be changed at runtime.
- To change the Database of the report at runtime, develop sample code to pass the new Database information to report.
KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1 ; SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio