This article explains the proper methodology to patch or update BI 4.x server or client software in a clustered or distributed configuration of SAP BI Platform deployment simultaneously or in parallel.
- When installing an update on a distributed BI platform deployment, where servers and components are installed across multiple host-machines, you
are required to apply the patches to hosts in a specific order for the system to update properly.
- Until BI 4.0 SP04, updating servers in a distributed deployment was done by patching the servers one after the other ( sequentially ), which was time consuming ( see SAP kbase 1807514 ).
- From BI 4.0 SP05 and above (including BI 4.1, 4.2 & above), the deployment order has changed for distributed systems. It is now possible to patch servers simultaneously in parallel.
- However, this needs to be done in a specific order and some considerations which need to be taken to patch the servers in a distributed environment successfully.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x (BI 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3)
- Linux / Unix
BI, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.x, Parallel, Patching, update, upgrade, patch, install, cluster, distributed, multiple, nodes, several, SP04, SP05, best, practice, bpkba, biinst, license, key, error , KBA , 4.3 , parallel , distributed , bpkba , multiple , nodes , biinst , 4.2 , cluster , 4.0 , 4.1 , install , best practice , patch , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.