Fixed Assets's life cycle covers fiscal year YYYY, but the Planned Depreciation shows as zero in report Depreciation for fiscal year YYYY.
Reproducing the Issue
You can check the planned depreciation amount in report Depreciation.
- Go to Fixed Asset work center, Report view and List subview.
- Select report Depreciation and input all the required parameters.
- Select Accounting Period/Year as any period of fiscal year YYYY.
- Select Go, you can see the Planned Depreciation shows zero for those fixed asset, the life cycle covers fiscal year YYYY.
If you open the fixed asset and go to Values tab.
In the Depreciation Overview subtab, you cannot see any depreciation overview there for fiscal year YYYY.
Those fixed assets were created before you create fiscal year YYYY. After you create fiscal year YYYY, system does not update the depreciation overview for those fixed assets.
You have two options to solve the issue.
- Run a recalculation depreciation to update the planned depreciation for those fixed assets. This option is used if there are many fixed assets with this issue:
- Go to Fixed Assets work center and Periodic Tasks view and then Depreciation subview.
- Select New Fixed Asset Depreciation Run.
- Input Company and related Set of Book.
- Input Period/Year as 999/9999.
- Select Start Now. Such run should update the depreciation overview to show for the new fiscal year.
- Update depreciation overview manually for each fixed assets which have the issue. This option is used when there are only several fixed assets with this issue:
- Go to Fixed Asset work center and Fixed Asset view.
- Select the fixed asset and select Edit Value.
- Select the set of book and select Values and then Recalculate Adjustment, and select Save. It should update depreciation overview for the new fiscal year as well.
KBA , planned depreciaton , recalculation , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To