Data Insertion for charts overlaid on top of each other using menu Format -> Align, overwrites the Source and Destination Under Insertion property for charts.
- Xcelsius 2008 SP4
- Dashboard 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Insert a Bar Chart on the canvas and bind that to a range on Sheet 1.
- Go to Chart Properties -> Insertion and Enable Data Insertion
- Select "Series" and bind Source and Destination.
- Insert another Bar Chart and do the same steps. Bind the range on Sheet 2.
- Once both the charts are done, Select both Charts and go to menu Format -> Align and align it by using any way.
- After you are done, check the Both Charts Properties -> Insertion -> Data Insertion, Series Source and destination. They both are overwritten and point to same sheet.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01709271
This issue has been addressed in Xcelsius 2008 SP07 and Dashboard 4.1 SP03.
KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Bug Filed