The unit of measure for an item in the For field of the Pricing tab of an manual invoice or a recurring invoice template cannot be entered.
Reproducing the Issue
The system behaviour is the same for a manual invoice and recurring invoice templates. In our example we will use the recurring invoice templates.
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Recurring Invoice Templates view.
- Click on the New button and select the New Recurring Invoice Template option.
- Enter the respective data in the General tab.
- Navigate to the Items tab.
- Enter a product without a product ID.
- Select a quantity for the product for example ea - Each.
- Enter a list price.
- Navigate to the Pricing tab.
- Expand the item.
- In the price component List Price you cannot select a unit of measure in the For column.
The unit of measure in the For field of the Pricing tab for an Item depends on the maintained base unit of measure, the sales unit of measure and the quantity conversions maintained in the product master data. If you enter a product without a product ID the system cannot use these for any quantity conversion for this item and therefore it is not possible to select any unit of measure. The same unit of measure in the Quantity field of the product in the Items tab will be used by default.
This is the expected system behaviour.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To