- Following a Unix host crash, the system and the ASE database server is restarted.
- SAP Solution Manager stops working
- During the ASE restart, tempdb database does not come up.
- Recovery of tempdb fails with the following errors:
Error: 840, Severity: 17, State: 2
Device 'tempdbdev' (with physical name '/sybase/sybtemp/tempdbdev.dat', and virtual device number 3) has not been correctly activated at startup time. Please contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role.
Error: 1619, Severity: 21, State: 1
Could not open TEMPDB, unable to continue.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
mount, filesystem, touch, missing, sybtemp, tempdb , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.