While working on Migration of Employee Data - XXX (Country) activity, you attempt to Migrate compensation data using the migration tool but when you check the Log of step 3 Simulate Import there's an error message that avoids you to conclude the migration: Compensation component XXX already assigned
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Implementation Projects view
- Select the project and click Open Activity List
- Go to Integrate and Extend phase
- Search and open Migration of Employee Data - XXX (Country) activity
- Click Migrate compensation data using the migration tool
- Under Source Files select the file to be migrated and click Execute Migration > Execute Migration Step by Step
- On step 3 Simulate Import, note the error messages on the Log session:
Error detected in source record with key value 'YY'
Compensation component XXX already assigned
On the Compensation Data Migration Template on Compensation Components tab you have entered multiple rows for same Employee ID using same Compensation Component ID XXX, aiming to migrate employee's historical salaries.
Currently legacy employee's information cannot be migrated using the Migration Tool, so system is behaving as expected. We advise you to migrate only the current data that is relevant for Employee's Compensation in Business ByDesign system. However, if you are really keen to migrate this legacy information and store in the system, we advise you to use different Compensation Component IDs as long as there are no issues in using different codes from business perspective.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To