You create expense report for an intercompany relevant Project task.
When assigning the respective Project task an error message is triggered: "Error Postings Not Permitted; Company ABC Differs from Project Company XYZ."
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Travel and Expenses work center select Common Task New Expense Report on Behalf.
- Select an employee of company ABC.
- Select an Expense Type, such as Business Trip or Out of Pocket Expense.
- Enter a purpose.
- Press Edit Cost Assignment.
- In the new screen press Add Row, and select Account Assignment Type Project Task.
- Select the task of the Project of Company XYZ,which the employee of Company ABC is assigned to.
- Then the error message appears "Error Postings Not Permitted; Company ABC Differs from Project Company XYZ."
For intercompany scenarios, a Purchase Order item of type Limit associated with the Project task the Employee is assigned to, must exist.
Ensure that the Employee of Company ABC is assigned in the work tab of a task of a Project of Company XYZ.
Then either create a Purchase request from the Products view in the Project:
- From the Project request create a Purchase Order.
- In the Purchase Order add an item of type Limit.
- Assign an Expense Service (the service must be flagged as Expense in the Service Master data) to the limit item.
- Once the Purchase Order is posted a Sales Order of company ABC to Company XYZ as well as an Intercompany Project of company XYZ are generated.
It will then be possible to create a Expense Report for the employee of Company ABC.
Or directly create a Purchase order from the Purchase Requests and Orders workcenter.
It is sufficient to just create a Limit item, either with an Expense Service (the Service must be flagged as Expense).
1961421 - Error Message: Postings Not Permitted; Company ABC Differs From Project Company XYZ.
Intercompany Project; Posting Not Permitted; Expense Report , KBA , expense report , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , AP-PRO , Project Processing , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , How To