- Error message "HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/conn/jco/JCoException received when Role Inport tab is clicked under SAP Authentication.
- The issue occurred post upgrade from BI 4.x to newer BI4.x
- Multiple Entitlement Systems enabled and working.
- Redeployment of BOE war file, does not help to fix the issue.
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.1 or 4.2
- Tomcat 7 or tomcat 8
- AIX Operating System
- Windows OS
Reproducing the Issue
- Upgrade Business Objects server from one version to another
- Navigate to SAP Authentication under CMC.
- Click on Role Import tab to get the error message.
sapjco3.jar file is not accessible or corrupted.
There are 2 possible solutions :
On AIX/Unix :
- Stop Tomcat
- Take Backup of catalina.sh (/usr/sap/SID/sap_bobj/tomcat/bin).
- Add the /usr/sap/SID/sap_bobj/enterprise_xi40/java/lib/sapjco3.jar to classpath in catalina.sh file as below.
- Execute command usr/sap/SID/sap_bobj/tomcat/bin > . ./catalina.sh.
- Check for env variables for any duplicate enteries with sapjco3.jar ( make sure no enteries regarding sapjco3.jar in env).
- Start tomcat.
On windows :
We discovered that sapjco3.jar/dll files are not found during search.
the location of these files in \tomcat\webapps\BOE\WEB-INF\eclipse\plugins didn't exist as none of the plugins were extracted, they all were still in the form of jar files.
So, to resolve the problem we :
- Stop tomcat
- Delete BOE directory from tomcat/webapps and from tomcat/work locations
- Run wdeploy tomcat8 -DAPP=BOE deployonly
- Verify that sapjco3.jar and sapjco3.dll are now in proper locations.
- start tomcat.
http 500, error, unable, redeploy, roles, sap, users, entitlement , sap, authentication, runtime, error. , KBA , BI-BIP-DEP , Webapp Deployment, Networking, Vulnerabilities, Webservices , Problem