When you try to Mass Change Account Data, for changing the Employee responsible for a Party Role, system throws below error message:
Responsibilities: The employee already exists with the party role
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Account Management work center
2. In Common Task, select Mass Change Account Data
3. Select Advanced Search and input Person Directly Responsible ID as XYZ
4. Select Add to work list -> All Accounts
5. Select Next button.
6. Select Show as Responsibilities
7. In the default row ABC and party role as Employee Responsible sales.
8. Apply Mass Change to All Accounts.
The cause for the issue is that the Employee ABC is already an Employee Responsible for Sales in some of the Accounts.
Hence, to overcome the issue:
1. Find out the Accounts which already has the Employee Responsible as ABC.
2. In the Mass Change screen (step 1), add all the accounts (Person Directly Responsible ID as XYZ) to the work list and remove the Accounts from the work list which has the employee responsible as ABC
3. Continue with the Mass Change and Save the changes for other Accounts
4. For those Accounts, try to change the details manually.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To