You maintained the Plan Period for a particular task and team member in a Project. When you check the Availability Calendar of the team member, you notice that the commitments are not broken down at project task level but at project header level only. As well, the quantities planned are not reflected in accordance to the periods. The quantities are spread evenly across the whole duration of the task.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Project Management.
- Go to the view Projects.
- Select the project and choose Edit.
- Go to the tab Project Plan.
- Select the project task and go to the tab Work.
- Select a row and choose Plan Period.
- Select Generate Period Plan.
- Enter the Planned Work for the Periods.
- Choose OK and then Save.
- Go to the tab Team and Staffing.
- Select the relevant team member and choose Show Availability.
- The quantities are not distributed according to the previously generated Period Plan.
The Availability Calendar in Resource Management considers the commitments done at Project level and not at the Task level, hence you see the distribution at Project Header. Currently, the commitments done at Project Task level in Period Plan are not considered for Availability Calendar.
This is a new feature and this has been taken up in our product backlog as a requirement to be developed in a future release. Unfortunately it is not possible for our Support Team to provide you additional information regarding the availability of this feature in a future release. For further information regarding your request please contact your sales contact (Account Manager/Customer Advocate/Solution Advisor).
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To