You need to deactivate a migrated Fixed Asset. The migration was already reversed.
The fixed asset's net value is 0.00 LC (Local Currency).
The fixed asset remains in status Capitalized.
In general, assets with a net value of 0.00 LC can be deactivated by setting the Deactivation date in the life cycle data; However, the Deactivation Date is not enabled for migrated fixed assets.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Fixed Assets work center.
- Select the affected Fixed Asset XYZ (where XYZ represents the Fixed Asset ID) and press Edit -Master Data.
- Navigate to the Life Cycle Data subtab.
- The Deactivation Date cannot be maintained.
You either have not maintained the Process Control for Migration postings.
Or the Entry Possible Until date is not restricted, that is, you have maintained Unlimited for this Business Process Group.
To enable the Deactivation Date for migrated fixed assets set up the Process Control as follows:
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Navigate to the Companies view and select the relevant company.
- Make a note of the Posting Date for Migration.
- Choose Set Process Control button.
- In the new screen press Add Row and maintain the following settings:
- Process Control Status: Not Blocked
- Business Process Group: 09 - Migration
- Entry Possible Until: Enter a current date, for example, Today or later.
- From Posting Date and To Posting Date: Equal to Posting Date for Migration
With this setting the Deactivation date will be enabled from the date after the last possible entry date.
Fixed asset cannot be scrapped ; Migration ; Life Cycle Data ; Deactivation Date ; Scrap ; Scrapping ; Manual Postings ; Complete Scrapping ; , KBA , fixed asset cannot be scrapped , migration , life cycle data , deactivation date , scrap , scrapping , manual postings , complete scrapping , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To