- SAP Sybase ASE supports the usage of passwords that have special characters in the passwords.
- However, the ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise) ODBC driver does not support the '}' special character when used in a password.
- When attempting to connect to an ASE through an ODBC application using ASE ODBC Driver, and the password contains the '}', it will return one of two errors:
"[Sybase][ODBC Driver] Client unable to establish a connection"
"[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Login failed."
The error returned depends upon what version of the ASE connected.
- The problem was originally noticed with ASE Software Developers Kit (SDK) version 15.5 ESD#9
- This problem is also seen in version 15.7 SDK
- The issue is seen on all versions of Windows.
- The version of ASE is not relevant. All currently supported versions can be used as the database server (ASE) is not a contributing factor.
Sybase Software Developer Kit 15.7
KBA , BC-SYB-SDK , SDK , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.