- Unable to connect to Salesforce.com
- Can successfully connect to Salesforce.com from other computers.
- Error: "Logon failed. Error: 'HY000:Host not found'", when attempting to connect to Salesforce.com
- When attempting to connect to Salesforce.com from Crystal Reports, it fails with the following errors:
"Database Connector Error: 'HY000:Host not found'"
"Details: IM006:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnect Attr failed"
- Note: Images and data in this SAP Knowledge Base Article is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Crystal Reports
- Create new blank report, and in the "Database Expert", select "Salesforce.com"
- Enter the Salesforce.com user credentials and click "OK"
It fails with the error:
Details: IM006:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnect Attr failed."
- It fails because there is a Proxy configured on the network to connect to the Internet, and the proxy setting is not added to the Salesforce.com connection.
- To add the proxy setting to the Salesforce.com connection for Crystal Reports:
- Navigate to the location of CRConfig.xml file, which is located by default at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\
- Open the CRConfig.xml file in a text editor like Notepad.
- Add the following lines to the <SForce> section of the XML file, with your proxy settings:
<ProxyAddress> Add the proxy name here </ProxyAddress>
<ProxyPort> Add the proxy port number here </ProxyPort>
Below is an example of how the xml file will look after adding the proxy setting for the Salesforce.com connection,
if the proxy name is: MyProxy, and the port number: 1234
proxy configuration, Internet Options, SQLSetConnectAttr, IM006, CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem