An Entitlement is not available for selection in the Manual Credit Memo or in the Manual Invoice Request.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
The issue occurs for both Manual Credit Memo and Manual Invoice Request. We will use a Manual Credit Memo as an example:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select New Manual Credit Memo from Common tasks.
- Add the required details in the invoice request.
- Select the View All button and go to the Items tab.
- Search the entitlement product XYZ in the value help of the product (XYZ represents the ID of the entitlement product).
- The entitlement XYZ is not available.
Entitlements typically represent rights to products that are redeemed by the customer on an ad-hoc basis. Products that are provided on a traditional basis are represented in the Product Data work center as services or materials. Therefore, Entitlements cannot be selected in Manual Credit Memo and Manual Invoice Request.
This is the expected System behavior.
If you would like to create a Credit Memo for an Entitlement used in a Contract, create a Follow-Up Credit Memo from the Contract related Invoice.
Credit memo, Entitlement; manual invoice; not available , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To