In a customer contract, the quantity displayed in your invoice schedule is not the one expected (the recurrence pattern is set up as monthly and the quantity in Month).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- Go to the Contract view.
- Select New Contract and select View All.
- Select the contract date and the duration 01.01.2014 until 30.06.2016 (for instance).
- In the General tab, enter the account and all mandatory information such as the sales unit.
- In the Items tab, enter service item XYZ (XYZ represents the identification of the service item).
- Select an item type as Service - fixed price without actuals (for instance).
- Select the Quantity as 1 month.
- Check the box Price per Period.
- Go to the Pricing and Invoicing tab.
- Select the Invoice Schedule sub-tab.
- Select Edit Invoicing Time Frame.
- Select the Start Date as 01.01.2014.
- Select the End Date as 30.06.2016.
- Select Recurrence Pattern: Yearly.
- Apply it to the line item.
The quantity 29,947 is displayed and you will find two recurrences with quantity 12 and one recurrence with quantity 5,947. You expect to see instead 6 month instead of 5.947.
If you are selecting the price per period indicator, the quantity of the item is month and your recurrence pattern is year the system will calculate the number of days in the month based on the following calculation for the last year (01.01.2016 - 30.06.2016):
In a non-leap year, there are 365 days, in a leap year there are 366 days, The length of the year is then 365.2425 days. 1 day in a year is: 12 month / 365,2425 days = 0.033 month (0.03285488408…)
1/01/2016 – 31 /01/2016: complete month => 1 month 0.03285488408 * 30 = 0.98564
1/02/2016 – 29 /02/2016: complete month => 1 month 0.03285488408 * 29 = 0.95279
1/03/2016 – 31 /03/2016: complete month => 1 month 0.03285488408 * 31 = 1.0185
1/04/2016 – 30 /04/2016: complete month => 1 month 0.03285488408 * 30 = 0.98564
1/05/2016 – 31 /05/2016: complete month => 1 month 0.03285488408 * 31 = 1.0185
1/06/2016 – 30 /06/2016 0.03285488408 * 30 = 0.98564
The sum is 5.94672. This is the reason why the system is showing 5 Month and 0.947 month
This is the normal system behavior when using the price per period incicator.
price per period; Invoice Schedule; Quantity; wrong , KBA , AP-CCP-CC , Customer Contract , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , How To