The Open Data Protocol (OData) service (/sap/byd/odata) for the solution returns Analytics data available to the logon user. Reports that are available in the Reports work center view of the work centers assigned to the logon user can be retrieved. You can also retrieve the characteristics and key figures of reports.
This document will help you to understand what is supported and what not when handling OData queries based on ByD content.
SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
Supported Query Options
For the following supported query options, the example base of the URI is the same:
Example: https://<your system information>.sapbydesign.com/sap/byd/odata/<shortened name of work center>_analytics.svc/RP<report ID>QueryResults?
- Expansion: $select=<one or more specified characteristics separated by commas>
- $orderby (ascending)
- Expansion: $orderby=<one or more specified characteristics followed by asc, separated by commas>
- $orderby (descending)
- Expansion: $orderby=<one or more specified characteristics followed by desc, separated by commas>
- Expansion: $totals=<one or more specified characteristics separated by commas>
- Expansion: $filter=<specified characteristic> eq '<filter value>'
- Expansion: $top=<specified number>
Out of Scope Options
The following analytical features are not supported with ODATA:
- Unit/Currency determination for Metadata when Formulas or nested Reuse Key Figure Composite are used
- Master Data for Unit/Currency
- Associations to Unit/Currency
- Relative selections
- User personalizations (i.e. personalized views and selections)
- Characteristic Structure (Only the below use cases are supported everything else is not)
- In metadata: characteristic structure is exposed as a characteristic which needs to be filtered to a single value
- In data retrieval: characteristic structure is either filtered to a single value or is among the requested fields
Note: For information about OData, see http://www.odata.org.
odata reporting, odata query, relative select , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To