If you change the Serial Number Profile from No Serial Number Assignment to Optional Serial Number Assignment, the error appears :
- Serial number recording not possible/permitted. To enable serial number recording the Base UoM must be equal to or convertible to eaches.
- Serial number recording not possible/permitted. To enable serial number recording the Inventory Valuation UoM must be eaches.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Product Data Work Center.
- Go to Materials View.
- Select All Materials from the Show drop down and find one material.
- Click on Edit button and select View All.
- In General tab change Serial Number Profile to Optional Serial Number Assignment.
- Press enter, you will get the errors.
The cause for the errors are:
1) The Base UoM is neither maintained as each (Ea) nor converted to each.
2) Inventory valuation UoM is not maintained as each.
This is the expected system behavior.
1. While creating a new material you should either maintain the base UoM as Each or maintain the Quantity Conversions for converting to Ea, if you wish to have Optional serial Number Assignment before activating the Valuation.
2. Once the valuation is activated it is not possible to change the Inventory Valuation UoM, so you have to create a new material in case if you like to use the serial number option. If the valuation is in preparation stage, you change the base UoM system will automatically changes the Inventory Valuation UoM.
Serial Number Profile, No Serial Number Assignment, Optional Serial Number Assignment, Valuation, Material Master Data. , KBA , SRD-MD-PRD-PRD , Product , How To