You have released a customer invoice. However, the document does not show in the customer account monitor and no effective posting in accounting has been created.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Find the corresponding Invoice XYZ (XYZ is the Invoice ID) for the particular customer ABC (ABC is the customer ID).
- Status of Customer Invoice is released.
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Go to the Customer Accounts subview in the Customers view.
- Search and select customer ABC.
Document entry for the Invoice is not available.
Released invoice did not get posted to account since the account determination is missing corresponding to the items of your customer invoice. A task is generated for the released invoice. You can view the error message either in the document flow of the invoice or in the unposted source document in the General Ledger work center.
"Account Determination missing for position type sales revenue."
"Account Determination is missing. Configure account determination in chart of accounts India - Chart of Accounts and account determination profile PQR (PQR is the account determination profile ID). Column Path Sales->Rounding Differences->Rounding Differences, Position Type Sales Revenue."
In order to maintain the account determination
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and perform the action Open Activity List.
- Navigate to Fine tune and select the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select Sales Subledger from Account Determination
- Select Service /Material
- Go to the Rounding Difference tab and maintain the G/L-Account
- Save it
To post the affected document
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Source documents subview in the Closing Cockpit view.
- Search and select the invoice XYZ.
- Click Actions Post Business Transaction.
For example: Pricing tab in customer invoice contains details about the pricing that is valid for the entire document. Whenever a value has been lost or gained through rounding, system searches for corresponding G/L-Account to post this difference. Hence this G/L-Account is important to post the invoice in accounting.
Column Path Ergebnisrechnung->Rundungsdifferenzen->Rundungsdifferenzen, Position Type, Sales Revenue, Rounding difference , KBA , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To