You want to show a custom Key Figure with the percent sign, but when adding its unit conversion to Percent the report keeps showing the values without the sign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center and access the view Design Key Figures;
- Click on New;
- On this new screen define the name of the Key Figure, the Data Source that it is going to use and select Calculated Key Figure for the type of this Key Figure, then click on Next;
- Define your calculation of this Key Figure and click on Next;
- Define the Conversion Type as Unit Conversion and the Target Unit as Percent;
- See that when you add this key figure to the report, it doesn't have the percent sign on it.
This happens due to the wrong calculation of the Key Figure, if you are not using the percent operator, it is most likely that no conversion will happen.
In order to show a calculated Key Figure as percent you will need to use one of the percent operators (Percentage Deviation - % or Percentage Share - %A) alongside with the NODIM function. You might also need to use the NDIV0 function to avoid miscalculation of some values.
Also remove the Conversion Type from the Key Figure properties.
NODIM("Order Quantity") %A NODIM("Valuation Quantity")
You can also check the document Formulas in the Help Center of your SAP Business ByDesign system in order to check all functions available for creating calculated key figures.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To