When trying to assign Sales Order to Project or Project task we are unable to find the Project and Project task in the value help of Project task field in the Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order work center.
- Choose the Sales Order view.
- Choose the Sales Order XYZ ( XYZ represents the sales order ID).
- Choose the Edit button.
- Navigate to Items tab.
- Under Project Task field value help unable to find the project or project task.
Cause 1. Project Type is not customer project.
Follow the steps to check:
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Choose the view Project.
- In the field Show select the option All Projects and find XXX project (XXX represents the ID of the project).
- Choose the project ID XXX.
- Choose Edit and select the task Project Plan.
- Navigate to Basic Data tab.
- Find a field called Project Type here you will be able to find the project type.
Customer Projects (Customer project without sales and Customer project with sales integration )are not scoped
Then project type and process variant customer project not available in the system please scope the Customer Projects (Customer project without sales and Customer project with sales integration ) once it is done system will allow you to create Customer Projects which you can link with the sales order, other then customer projects system will not show these projects under hence sales order.
Resolution of cause 1:
If it is not customer project, other than customer project system will not show these projects types in the value help of Project task field in the Sales Order. The project type is not SAP pre delivered project type if is a customized Project type then check the assigned process variant for this project type via Business Configuration work center. If the Process Variant - Customer Project not assigned to this project type hence it is not customer project .Because it is not customer project the system will not show these projects type in the Sales Order.
If the project is in planning status change the project type and release the project you will be able to find the Project under Sales Order else if the project is released they will be communicated to a lot of applications and objects (FIN, HCM, SRM,CRM) changing the project type leads an inconsistencies at the integrated applications so we cannot change the project type please create a new Customer.
Resolution for cause 2:
Customer projects can be scoped by following these steps in a system :
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Choose Project and Choose Edit Project Scope button.
- Go to Step 4 - Questions -> Project Management -> Project Planning and Execution -> Projects
- To Scope Customer Projects in the system enable check enable check box Do you use customer projects with an automated project invoicing process? or Do you use customer projects (without sales integration) with an automated project invoicing process?
- Complete all the steps until Confirm to save the changes made in system.
- Once it is done the Customer Projects (Customer project without sales and Customer project with sales integration ) will be avilable in the system.
Refer the CD for know about the Customer project without sales and Customer project with sales integration 1933781 - Unable to assign Sales Order to Projects.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To