- Unable to execute a remote ASE backup
- Unable to connect to a remote ASE Backup Server using isql
- Unix "ping" the remote server establishes a connection
- When executing a remote backup, the backup fails with the connection errors shown below:
- Local backup log:
Backup Server: 126.96.36.199: Client-Library error: Error number 44, Layer 4, Origin1, Severity 4: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error:
- When connecting to a remote Backup Server using isql, the following error messages are returned to the console:
The attempt to connect to the server failed..Backup Server: 188.8.131.52: Cannot open a connection to the slave site 'test157_BS'.
Start the remote Backup Server if it is not running.
- Msg 8009, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'test1503', Line 1:
Error encountered by Backup Server. Please refer to Backup Server messages for details.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
KBA , cr738322 , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Product Enhancement
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.