- Bex sescriptions in other language than English are not showing when creating an incident in WebIntelligence.
- Only the technical names are showing when creating a webi report based on a Bex query with language other than English.
- In BEx Query Designer when description is set in Spanish for example, this description is not showing when creating WebIntelligence report based on this connection. Only Technical Name will be present.
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0
- SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1
- BW 7.x
Reproducing the Issue
- Create an OLAP connection to your Bex Query ensuring that the correct language is selected (Spanish for example).
- Connect to BI Launchpad
- Launch Webi.
- Go to preferences
- Set the product locale and Preferred Viewing Locale to 'Spanish' for example
- Create a new document based on BEx query and select connection in left-hand panel to load the cubes/queries.
- If you navigate to InfoArea, you will see Content Browser, is not in Spanish. See that technical names are returned but no description
NB : AOLAP show the Spanish description of the BW connection
Changes have been made in service pack 05
Add the following command line to the APS server : -Dsap.sl.bics.detectMdxCompliance=infoArea
Prior to making those changes, ensure that a backup is done and also to stop and restart the APS server.
Also Product locale and Preferred Viewing Locale are to be set to the desired language.
KBA , BI-RA-WBI , Web Intelligence , Bug Filed