You create a new credit memo for a Return to Supplier and a relevant line item for a returned product is not defaulted into the credit memo. However the Return to Supplier is processed fully: all the warehouse tasks are completed and all transactions are processed in Accounting. If you try adding a line with the product, quantity, purchase order reference, etc.. manually, you get an error/exception that the goods return document is missing or invalid.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Supplier Invoicing.
- Go to the view Invoice Entry.
- Select Show: All Returns to Be Invoiced.
- Choose New Credit Memo.
- No line item for the product is defaulted.
The corresponding supplier invoice has not been posted yet. Hence the system will not allow you to claim credit to the supplier. You need to post the invoice first.
- Open the relevant Purchase Order item.
- Go to the tab Items and sub-tab Document Flow.
- Open the invoice. Fill in the missing data and solve the exceptions.
- Post the invoice.
- Afterward you can created a credit memo for the returned goods.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To