You want to create a custom data source or report based on the Projects, Snapshots: Earned Values (PROPRJU06) data source but when you try to do so via the Business Analytics work center then Design New Data Source or New Report you are unable to find such data source from the list.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, then the Design Data Sources view.
- Select New, then one of the below option:
- Combined Data Source
- Joined Data Source
- For the Data Source name field you enter, in this case, Projects, Snapshots: Earned Values (PROPRJU06).
You notice that the data source is not there and the following is shown: No search result.
This data source is because it is not made public and consequently not available for customization.
This system behavior is as designed.
We recommend to refer to the Data Sources Documentation or the Characteristic index documents to check if there are additional data sources which you may use. These documents are available via the help or Business Center.
In case you need such functionality you may consider the below approaches:
- If you need this functionality urgently you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request.
- An alternative option may be to check the SAP Business ByDesign Ideas Forum to submit an idea here.
- You may also use the SAP Business ByDesign forums, available here, for questions of this nature.
1830749 - Complete Data Sources and Characteristics Documentation
data source, public, not available, missing, create custom report, project data source, Projects, Snapshots: Earned Values, PROPRJU06 , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To